United Way of Central New York is seeking a Data and Systems Assistant to maintain two databases and provide general assistance on behalf of the Housing and Homeless Coalition of Central New York (HHC). HHC is a coalition of agencies and stakeholders which acts as the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD)
Continuum of Care (CoC) for Onondaga, Cayuga, and Oswego Counties, dedicated to reducing, preventing, and ultimately ending homelessness in all forms.
- Manage regional housing database (nyhousingsearch.gov) and educate landlords regarding appropriate listings prior to entering their properties in the database to ensure for safe and quality housing.
- Assist in the maintenance of the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to ensure high data quality.
- Provide technical assistance to agencies regarding their data quality needs.
- Manage the HHC’s website: www.hhccny.org
- Assist in managing HHC’s communication with the community, scheduling meetings, and developing and disseminating newsletters, agendas, and meeting minutes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or three or more years of experience in human services preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in organization and management of multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience and ability to coordinate meetings, conduct training, and work with coalitions.
- Proven ability to work with individuals from all levels and backgrounds; recognizes and values diversity; process information with consideration for cultural sensitivities.
- Proficient with MS Windows Office Suite; must have the ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Ability to work with flexibility and independence, and complete assignments with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills for constant telephone and in-person communication. Strong oral and written English language skills for effective communication using excellent spelling, grammar, and writing skills. Must be able to carefully proof own work.
- Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License and have access to a motor vehicle to meet transportation requirements within three counties not served by public transportation, in addition to being willing to travel for various training/conferences/workshops.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary.
This job description is not an exclusive statement of the responsibilities of the position. Other appropriate duties may be required.
To apply, please send résumé with cover letter to email@example.com.