The Housing and Homeless Coalition of Central New York (HHC) serves the City of Syracuse, the County of Onondaga, the City of Auburn, the County of Cayuga and the County of Oswego. We serve as the community coalition to address homelessness and housing vulnerability. We are the organized body of informal networking and formal linkages between homeless services providers and other public and private human service providers. We work with and for the homeless and formerly homeless or other interested consumers and stakeholders.
We also provide a regular forum for ongoing dialogue which enables participants to enhance understanding, coordination and cooperation regarding the multi-faceted problems of homelessness and housing vulnerability. We engage the participants in planning for future services through an outcome-oriented process that eliminates overlapping planning processes and unnecessary duplication of effort.
The mission of the HHC is to assess community needs and to develop a comprehensive community strategy to combat homelessness and housing vulnerability in our community.
The HHC works to alleviate homelessness by:
- Assessing community needs as they relate to homelessness and housing vulnerability;
- Developing an easily accessible continuum of services for homeless individuals and families;
- Coordinating local resources to avoid duplication of services and unnecessary gaps in the service system;
- Collaborating to access funding opportunities;
- Providing a forum for communication between service recipients and service providers;
- Educating the general community on the needs of homeless persons and the services available;
- Contributing to the City and County Consolidated Planning Process (CoC; ESG; CDBG; HOME).
Meetings are scheduled year-round on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise determined and communicated. The meetings are scheduled for a time during the regular business day and at a place that offers a central location with access to public transportation. To confirm current location and time please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email our Director Megan Stuart at email@example.com.
See our State of Homelessness 2016 Presentation.
See our State of Homelessness 2015 Presentation.